NORTH LAWNDALE COLLEGE PREP September 2009- Present
High School Counselor
- Provided counseling for students with social/emotional concerns.
- Provided academic planning and counseling for students.
- Assisted students with post-secondary and career planning.
- Co-Developed and coordinated advisory activities an curriculum.
- Generated and/or reviewed data such as failure rates, graduation progress, honor roll and standardized tests.
- Provided informational services for students and families.
- Served as a consultant to families of assigned students.
- Monitored student academic performance, behavior, attendance and facilitated appropriate interventions.
- Developed and implemented a male achievement mentoring program.
ROBERTO CLEMENTE HIGH SCHOOL- September 2007- 2009
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Post Secondary Coach
- Advised and assisted students in identifying careers and related educational objectives and goals.
- Advised students in identifying a post secondary path.
- Led and organized college tours.
- Coordinated Parent/Student FAFSA completion workshops and college fairs.
- Advised and assisted students throughout the entire college application process.
- Prepared reports to be submitted to the Office of Post-secondary Education.
CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY Sept. 2006-Sept. 2007
PROJECT SUCCESS/ EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER
- Recruited adult learners for admissions into college and other post-secondary options.
- Advised new recruits regarding career and educational paths.
- Formed partnerships with several social service agencies which provided services to clients.
Master’s in Public Administration (Candidate)
Governor State University
University Park, IL.
Bachelor’s in Psychology
University of Illinois
French and Haitian Creole
Board member- Foundation 65
President- Kuumba Youth Program Inc.
Haitian Congress to Fortify Haiti
Tamboula Ethnic Dance Company
Related International Experience
Through Haiti, South Pacific, Australia, South East Asia, India, and Africa
Resettled refugees from:
Bosnia, Serbia, Sudan, Somalia, Haiti and Cuba into the United States